The Kinect for Windows SDK beta is a starter kit for applications developers that includes APIs, sample code, and drivers. This SDK enables the academic research and enthusiast communities to create rich experiences by using Microsoft Xbox 360 Kinect sensor technology on computers running Windows 7.Learn more >
The Kinect for Windows SDK beta includes the following:
- Drivers, for using Kinect sensor devices on a computer running Windows 7.
- Application programming interfaces (APIs) and device interfaces, together with technical documentation.
- Source code samples.
- Kinect for Xbox 360 sensor
- Computer with a dual-core, 2.66-GHz or faster processor
- Windows 7�compatible graphics card that supports DirectX� 9.0c capabilities
- 2-GB RAM (4-GB RAM recommended)
- Windows 7 (x86 or x64)
- Visual Studio 2010 Express (or other 2010 edition)
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- For additional requirements for samples, see the Readme file
To install this SDK beta:
- On this page, click Download to start the Kinect for Windows SDK beta download.
- Click Run to start Setup, and follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard.
Or, to save the download on your computer so that you can install it later, click Save.
The documentation and sample code for the Kinect for Windows SDK Beta give you the details you need to start building experimental applications.
Use these programming guides to help you get started using the Kinect for Windows SDK.
Sample code files are included in the Kinect for Windows SDK beta download and are installed in your Microsoft Research Kinect SDK/Samples folder. These walkthroughs offer a detail view of how to implement related capabilities in your code.